On February 28, 2008, Denis Rancourt interviewed five representatives of the Ottawa, Canada, homeless community and of the Ottawa-based Harmony 6 project, a self-organized community project for and by homeless people who self-identify as suffering from mental health handicaps.
Listen to this inspiring view into how people can organize to be their best own helpers, with street-view commentary on police, institutions, welfare, mental health, art, motivation, and more...
And find out the street meaning of "harmonie 6".
The insights and discussions are riveting and real, featuring:
- Bugs, artist, Artists from Out of the Cracks
- Christopher Reid, Founder of Harmony 6
- Darrin, homeless man, victim of post traumatic stress disorder
- Stephen McKinstry, photographer, Kit Kat Productions
- Matt Murray, social worker, Centre 454
An independent documentary film has been made about this radio event:
(A documentary film by Peter Biesterfeld.)